Satisfied Customers are vital for growth. Frequent changes in market conditions due to new technology impact existing business. Technology is a double-edged sword. Embracing Technology can position your organization as Market Leader. Ignoring Technology (for longer time) could erode existing business/product lines.
C Suite executives define Strategy and set road map for future. Successful Organizations across the world invest heavily on Continuous Innovation and Continuous Improvement initiatives. Technology Teams drive these initiatives and work towards delivering improved/new products.
More investments on innovative initiatives (like cloud computing, big data, digital transformation etc.) may not result in more business/customers.
C Suite executives face challenge in
- Protecting existing market share from competitors
- Expand market share through new Product lines/Services
Technical Teams face challenge in
- Shortage Technical teams with new Skills
- Allocating Same Team members for multiple projects/initiatives
- Deliver aggressive time lines/expectations
Story Maps/User Story maps can
- Align C Suite and Technology teams towards Customer
- Prioritize needs of multiple functions/departments/products
- Improve ROI of Innovation/Improvements
- Efficient and Effective utilization of Technical Teams
Figure: Story Map for multiple products serving multiple customers:
Blog by Sivaram Athmakuri, Founder & Director of LeaderGains Pte. Ltd., an expert Coach, Consultant and Trainer. He has 20 plus years of Managerial Experience with strong technology expertise. He prepares Organisations in embracing latest technology / tools and turn the challenges as opportunities for Growth. He empowers Organisations & People across all levels (C-Suite, Management, Leadership, Program / Project Managers, Functional/ Line Managers, Team members at Projects/ Delivery/ Operations), etc. in areas of Leadership/Executive Coaching, Strategic Planning, Dashboards for C-Suite, Setup Project Management Office (PMO), Agile Transformation, Risk Management and Product Development. He believes in “spending more time listening to Customer and understanding unique strengths of their existing environment helps him to generate the long-lasting results faster with lesser friction”.