Leaders aspiring growth mindset need to inspire continuous learning across the organisation. Continuous learning can be directed by creation of two Glossaries.
1. Glossary of New Learnings for Organisation– Create focus group of 3:7 (Seniors and Millennials). Let Seniors identify Top 5 products or services of the company. Let millennials identify outdated areas in these 5 products or services. Let millennials suggest / recommend latest skills and technologies to replace or upgrade the existing product / service in one or two years. This ensures everyone is prepared for sustainable growth.
2. Glossary of Learnings for Individual– Create assessment frameworks that helps individuals to compare their skills (technical and soft) with next role they aspire to become along with options provided by organisation to upskill themselves.
Way Forward for Learning Organisation mindset: As an Organisation publish the Glossary of Skills for next 6 months and encourage every one to upskill themselves. Start the initiatives that focus on encouraging learning at different levels such as Individual, Group, Organisational, Inter Organisational.
Encourage Organisational learning by encouraging
- Mentor-Mentee frameworks
- 3o-minutes online webinars
- 60-minutes in-person experience sharing sessions (case studies/dos and donts)
- Badges that show case individual learning achievements to colleagues
Encourage Inter Organisational learning by partnering with experts
- 1 day or 2 day class room workshops
- 1 day or 2 day online webinars from experts
- R&D Labs to try pilot projects
- Sponsor Employees for Conferences
- Sponsor for Certification
Sivaram Athmakuri is Founder & Director of LeaderGains Pte. Ltd., an expert Coach, Consultant and Trainer. He has 20 plus years of Managerial Experience with strong technology expertise. He prepares Organisations in embracing latest technology / tools and turn the challenges as opportunities for Growth. He empowers Organisations & People across all levels (C-Suite, Management, Leadership, Program / Project Managers, Functional/ Line Managers, Team members at Projects/Delivery/Operations), etc. in areas of Leadership/Executive Coaching, Strategic Planning, Dashboards for C-Suite, Setup Project Management Office(PMO), Agile Transformation, Risk Management and Product Development. He believes in spending more time listening to Customer and understanding unique strengths of their existing environment helps him to generate the long lasting results faster with lesser friction.